Sunday, January 25, 2015

2015 Challenging 2014

2014 provided several challenges for me.
1.  I broke my foot, from toes to lower leg. It took 11 months to heal to a point where I can say I'm finally back to normal. It curtailed my family-chauffer responsibilities a bit. The near immobility had a negative kickback of extra pounds which are determined to remain. No!  :(
2.  Allergies, worst in April and May. Worse than usual, but not as bad as in my distant past.
3.  Publishing ebook version of the 5 novels I had ready. Learning to EPUB and making it happen was fun, but I'm no salesman. The other hoopla needed for big sales numbers is not something I can take on right now.
4.  Breast cancer, lumpectomy surgery (in October), and chemo...not the awful stuff (I declined that) but the milder kinds for a year. I may not lick it, but at least it isn't getting free rein. The good news is that I'm in excellent health otherwise, except my heart is not perfect (A bit wacky since 3rd heart attack years ago.
5.  The year ended with me preparing my novels for release as paperbacks.

2015 is looking good!
1.  January will be my launch month for my novels in paperback.
2.  Still working on a sequel. It has a ways to go to compete with it's successor at only 1/3 as long so far. (That one is more than twice the length of the other four.)
3.  No sales of any kind in January & February. (Haven't sold a single paperback, and no ebooks so far this year.) I hope March is better!

No comments:

Post a Comment